NUJ Urge Politicians to be Upright and imbibe Spirit of Good Sportsman ship
From Ardo A Bauchi
The Nigeria Union of Journalists Nuj Bauchi State Chapter has called on Politicians to imbibe the culture of politics without bitterness just as the National Election of Presidential and the National Assembly Members is barely three weeks from now.
This is the view of the Union during it’s first Congress for the year 2023.
2. The congress meeting which was well attended was chaired by Umar Saidu the Chairman of the State Council urge members not to allow themselves to be used by self-centred politicians and to always be objective in their reportage as required by the union’s Professional Code of Practice.
3. The meeting commends the state council for organising regular Congress Meetings, a series of training programs for members, calling on them to justify the council’s huge investment in that regard.
4. The congress commends the Bauchi State Government for its effort towards revitalizing the state-owned media houses, advising for the employment of competent personnel to fill the gap created by the mass retirement of civil servants.
5. The meeting reminds the Bauchi State Government of the need to redeem its pledge of reconstructing the state secretariat of the NUJ for a better operating environment.
6. The congress in session commends the North East Development Commission (NEDC) for involving Journalists in its activities and for the numerous interventions spread across the zone and calls for more collaboration.
7. The congress appreciates the foresight of the state council in spearheading the 2023 Gubernatorial Debate in the state and urged the participants to obey the laid down rules and regulations for a hitch-free process.
8. The congress also commends media organizations in the state for agreeing to air life, the gubernatorial election debate.
9. congress then urges the Federal Government to hasten the reconstruction of the Bauchi-Gombe Highway which has continued to claim lives due to its high level of dilapidation.
10 The Congress endorses the nominations of Five Delegates to represent the Council at the Special Constitutional amendment Conference in Kano The communique was signed by the Secretary of the Council Alhaji Isa Garba Gadau