Fire destroyed properties worth millions of naira at the Onitsha main market in Anambra state.
Many shops on the third floor of the three story building near the main market were burn to Ashes.
Abc news gathered that the fire is suspected to have been caused by electrical fault.
“We were calling the fire service and they have not responded. See how goods belonging to traders are being destroyed before their eyes,” an eye witness lamented.
Police Spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga who confirmed the incident, said no life was lost in the inferno.
Meanwhile, Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Echeng Echeng has advised the public to always take precautionary measures to avert such situations.